Lincoln, Neb. —The 2021 Nebraska Dry Edible Bean Day will be a virtual event this February, featuring the Nebraska Dry Bean Growers Association’s annual meeting and updates on bean-related research in Nebraska.
Dry Edible Bean Day is scheduled for 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 10, on the Zoom webinar platform. To receive the Zoom address, contact the Nebraska Dry Bean Growers Association at 308-633-1387 or email, email@example.com
NDBGA business will include a welcome from NDBGA President Dan Hinman, financial reports, announcement of scholarship winner, and board elections. Four positions on the NDBGA board are up for election; additional nominations and voting will be conducted online on Zoom. Growers who are interested in being nominated for these vacancies should contact the NDBGA office at 308-633-1387.
UNL specialists and educators will present report on their research programs conducted at the Panhandle Research and Extension Center. They include:
- Welcome from Interim Director Jeff Bradshaw
- Dry Bean Breeding Specialist Carlos Urrea, UNL Dry Bean Releases
- Entomologist Jeff Bradshaw, Western Bean Cutworm – Update from 2020
- Soil and Nutrient Management Specialist Bijesh Maharjan, Optimized Nitrogen Management for Dry Bean Production
- Water and Irrigation Management Specialist Xin Qiao, Irrigation Management of Dry Edible Beans
- Integrated Weed Management Specialist Nevin Lawrence, Managing Palmer amaranth in Dry Bean
- Plant Pathologist Bob Harveson, Diseases in Nebraska Pulse Crops
- Extension Educator John Thomas, Dry Edible Bean Population and Inoculant Studies 2020
- Extension Educator Jessica Groskopf, Ag Economics Update
For more information check the NDBGA Association website at www.beangrower.com