Lincoln, Neb. — Nebraska Extension’s Land Application Recertification sessions, called Applying Manure Management Concepts On-Farm, are scheduled to be in-person at many locations across the state in June, with the first taking place in May in Lexington.
Each 2.5-hour session will focus on what fields producers should choose to best utilize manure nutrients and other benefits. The sessions will be highly participant-led and will have limited seating at each session. Participants will be given a scenario and asked to determine priority ranking of each field within the scenario. This ranking will be done at the end of each of the activities focused on manure nutrients, transportation cost, soil health, water quality, as well as neighbors and odors. Regulations and record keeping pertaining to manure storage and application will also be addressed during each session.
- Lexington on May 18 – 1:30-4 p.m. CST
- Bridgeport on June 2 – 1:30-4 p.m. MDT
- Curtis on June 8 – 1:30-4 p.m. CST
- Broken Bow on June 14 – 1-3:30 p.m. CST
- Concord on June 15 - 1:30-4 p.m. CST
- Columbus on June 16 – 2-4:30 p.m. CST
- Columbus on June 16 – 6-8:30 p.m. CST
- West Point on June 17 – 2-4:30 p.m. CST
- West Point on June 17 – 6-8:30 p.m. CST
- Plainview on June 22 - 1:30-4 p.m. CST
- Geneva on June 24 – 9-11:30 a.m. CST
- Geneva on June 24 – 1-3:30 p.m. CST
- Ainsworth on June 24 – 1-3:30 p.m. CST
- Concord on June 25 – 9-11:30 a.m. CST
Because of participation limits in each session, registration is required. If registration numbers exceed expectations, more sessions may be added. To ensure your attendance, register at water.unl.edu/lat. Cost of the session will be $50 per operation.
The workshops are sponsored by the Nebraska Extension Animal Manure Management Team, which is dedicated to helping livestock and crop producers better utilize manure resources for agronomic and environmental benefits. For additional information on the workshops and other resources for managing manure nutrients, visit manure.unl.edu or contact Leslie Johnson at 402-584-3818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.