August 2, 2018
Lincoln, Neb. — Nebraska Extension and the Nonprofit Association of the Midlands are partnering to provide nonprofit board training sessions throughout Nebraska this fall.
Nonprofits in Nebraska’s communities are generally organizations that raise money to benefit specific groups of people like veterans or youth or raise money for community betterment projects. Nonprofits can be churches, foundations, schools, arts and civic organizations, historical societies, housing organizations.
“Board Masters” nonprofit board training will provide the latest information board members need to know to keep their nonprofit organizations operating smoothly. Topics of discussion will include mission and vision, board structure, meaningful engagement, finance and compliance, recruitment, team building, improvement and evaluation.
The sessions will be led by Extension Educator Emeritus, Vernon Waldren and Extension Educators Carroll Welte and Jessica Jones.
Fall training sessions will be held in:
- VALENTINE: Aug. 28, The Niobrara Lodge, 803 E. Highway 20
- O’NEILL: Aug. 29, Holt County Courthouse Annex, 204 N. 4th St.
- MCCOOK: Sept. 12, Keystone Events Center, 402 Norris Ave.
- BROKEN BOW: Sept. 13, Custer Co. 4-H Bldg., Custer Co. Fairgrounds, 44100 Memorial Dr.
- SEWARD: Sept. 24, Seward Civic Center, 616 Bradford St.
- FALLS CITY: Sept. 26, Falls City Senior Center, 221 W. 16th St.
- CENTRAL CITY: Oct. 4, Merrick Co. 4-H Bldg., Merrick Co. Fairgrounds, 1784 Fairgrounds Rd.
All of the sessions start at 4:30 p.m. local time, run until 8:30 p.m. and include a light dinner. Cost of a single registration for the Boot Camp is $125. Up to 3 people representing the same nonprofit organization can attend for $300. Nonprofits can also send up to 6 board members for $450. Register online by going to http://go.unl.edu/chd4.
The registration deadline is for each location is 7 days prior to the session.
For more information, contact Jessica Jones in the Johnson County extension office at 402-335-3669 or jessica.jones.@unl.edu or Carroll Welte in the Burt County extension office at 402-374-2929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Vitality Extension Educator