Lincoln, Neb. —The University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources has convened a new Diversity and Inclusion advisory board.
The advisory board is made up of IANR faculty, staff and students from across IANR and will work to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment within IANR, ensure everyone’s contributions are welcomed, continue conversations that are inclusive of all, and provide feedback on University and IANR efforts to support inclusivity.
Members of the advisory board are:
- Simanti Banerjee, associate professor, Agricultural Economics
- Michael Bergland-Riese, communications specialist, Nebraska Extension
- Brytany Gama, student, Agricultural Leadership Education and Communication
- Jackie Guzman, Extension Educator, Nebraska Extension
- Holly Hatton-Bowers, assistant professor and Extension specialist, Child, Youth and Family Studies
- Angi Heller, engagement zone coordinator, Nebraska Extension
- Lisa Karr, professor, Animal Science
- Martha Mamo, department head, Agronomy and Horticulture
- Bobby Skates, manager, West Central Research and Extension Center
- Ashley Stengel, graduate student, Complex Biosystems
- David Velazco, graduate student, Animal Science
- Ana Maria Velez, assistant professor, Entomology
Advisory board member Simanti Banerjee said she believes this group will provide opportunities for the IANR students, faculty and staff from many different disciplines and perspectives to give input that could lead to dialogue and initiatives which would contribute positively to the IANR social and professional environment, and the research being done.
“This is something that needs to be done -- for social change, social well-being as well as to make IANR more welcoming to people of all groups,” said Banerjee. “If you take these initiatives you make IANR a more welcoming and appealing place to everyone.”
View the IANR Diversity and Inclusion advisory group webpage here.
If you have any questions about the advisory group, please reach out to Rich Bischoff, firstname.lastname@example.org.