Lincoln, Neb. —The Human Resources Department of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources is offering a supervisor training program for all interested IANR employees.
The training lasts two hours and is and offered via Zoom. Topics covered include:
- Tips on setting expectations;
- How to have accountability conversations;
- How to appropriately document performance and accountability discussions; and
- When to reach out to Human Resources for help.
The training is most relevant for employees who supervise staff but includes elements that are helpful for those who supervise undergraduate and graduate students, post-docs and faculty, too.
The training schedule is as follows (all times Central Standard Time):
- Monday, May 17, 1-3 p.m. CT
- Thursday, May 20, 9-11 a.m. CT
- Wednesday, May 26, 9-11 a.m. CT
- Thursday, May 27, 1:00-3 p.m. CT
- Monday, June 7, 1-3:00 p.m. CT
- Thursday, June 10, 9-11 a.m. CT
- Wednesday, June 16, 9-11 a.m. CT
Registration is available online at https://go.unl.edu/supervisortraining. Additional dates will be added as needed. For more information or to schedule a supervisor training for your unit, center or department, please contact Becky Carter at email@example.com.