July 14, 2014
LINCOLN, Neb. — Several Nebraska 4-H'ers placed during the 2014 National 4-H Shooting Sports Invitational Match in Grand Island.
The invitational drew 553 4-H youth, ages 14-18, from 34 states competing in one of the nine disciplines offered. The 27 events in the nine discipline areas include: small bore rifle, small bore pistol, muzzleloading, shotgun, air pistol, air rifle, hunting skills, recurve archery and compound archery.
Event, Nebraska 4-H'er, hometowns and placing include:
– Air Pistol Individual: Emma Badgley, Oconto, 10th overall
– Air Pistol Team, fifth overall, team members: Badgley; Kate Hansel, Callaway; Kaitlin Panowicz, Ravenna; Cody Rumbaugh, Plymouth.
– Air Rifle Individual: Haylee Schoenrock, Cortland, second overall; Melissa Jech, Rushville, fifth overall; Madie Snyder, Kimball, ninth overall;
– Air Rifle Team, second overall, Schoenrock, Jech, Snyder and Thomas Henning, Tekamah.
– Compound Archery: Zak Harper, Broken Bow, ninth overall
– Compound Archery Team, fourth overall, team members: Brian Boese, Dixon; Zak Harper, Broken Bow; Zach Noonan, Schuyler; Josh Pflasterer, Schuyler.
More than 100 volunteers from Nebraska and other states help conduct the events.
The National Invitational was June 24-29 at the Heartland Public Shooting Park and Heartland Events Center. For more information, visit the website at http://4h.unl.edu/ntlshootingsportsinvitational.Steve Pritchard
Boone Nance County Extension
Sandi Alswager Karstens
IANR News Service