Lincoln, Neb. —Learn about current, up-to-date field trials and topics focusing on improved crop production and profitability at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s South Central Agricultural Laboratory, near Harvard, on Wednesday, July 28. The event is designed for guests to customize their day to select the tours they are most interested in.
Presentation topics and presenters include:
- Biomass Management - Michael Sindelar, Nebraska Extension Educator and Virginia Jin, Research Soil Scientist, USDA-ARS
- Cropping Systems - Katja Koehler-Cole, UNL Research Assistant Professor and Graduate Students Christopher Anuo and Elizabeth Oys
- Disease Management - Tamra Jackson-Ziems, Nebraska Extension
- Plant Pathologist, Asha Mane, Graduate Student, and Jae Brungardt and Brad Tharnish, Research Technicians
- Irrigation Management - Chuck Burr, Irrigated Cropping Systems, Extension Educator; and Steve Melvin, Water and Cropping Systems Extension Educator
- Insect Management - Robert Wright, Nebraska Extension Entomologist; Justin McMechan, University of Nebraska Crop Protection and Cropping Systems Specialist; and Ron Seymour, Nebraska Extension Educator
- Sensor-Based Nitrogen Management - Joe Luck, Nebraska Extension Precision Ag Specialist; Laila Puntel, UNL Assistant Professor; and Laura Thompson, Nebraska Extension Educator
- Weed Management - Amit Jhala, Nebraska Extension Weed Management Specialist; Jenny Rees, Nebraska Extension Educator; and Trey Stephens, graduate student
The event begins with registration at 8:30 a.m., followed by tours of research sites through 4 p.m. Greg Ibach, Under Secretary in Residence at IANR is the keynote speaker during the lunch break.
Details, map and registration at https://enrec.unl.edu/2021scalfieldday/. SCAL is located at 851 Highway 6, near Harvard. There is no cost to attend the field day, but participants are asked to preregister online by July 26 for planning purposes.
Continuing Education Units have been applied for and are pending.
For more information, call (402)762-3536 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.