Lincoln, Neb. —Sixteen graduating seniors have earned awards from the University Honors Program at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
The Outstanding Honors Leadership Award recognizes an honors graduate who has made the most significant and lasting impact to the Honors Program through their leadership. This year, the award was given to two students: Jared Long of Beloit, Kansas, and Lauren Mott of Omaha.
The Honors Program collaborated with Nebraska’s eight undergraduate colleges to recognize an Outstanding Honors Graduate from each college. These eight students were selected based on their contributions to, and involvement with, both the Honors Program and their respective colleges.
Four students were also recognized for outstanding leadership within one of the Honors Program’s registered student organizations: Honors Ambassadors, Honors Program Student Advisory Board, Honors Afterschool Clubs Coaches and Honors Peer Mentor Leaders.
Finally, two students were recognized with the Honors Resilience Award, which acknowledges Honors Program graduates who have persisted and grown through adversity during their time at Nebraska to achieve at a high level both personally and academically.
Following is a list of University Honors Program award winners by hometown. The information includes major(s) and the award won by each student.
- Blair: Erika Swenson, fisheries and wildlife, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Cortland: Ashlynn Engelhard, interior design, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Architecture
- Gothenburg: Alexander Meyer, biochemistry, Outstanding Honors Peer Mentor Leader
- Grand Island: ZitaAnne Reno, English, Honors Resilience Award
- Howells: Carter Bracht, biochemistry, Outstanding Honors Ambassador
- Lincoln: Tasneem Ali, biological sciences, Honors Resilience Award; Jessica Ha, international business, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Business; Anna Krause, history, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Arts and Sciences
- Omaha: Karin Berg, music, Outstanding Honors Graduate: Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts; Lauren Mott, biological sciences, Outstanding Honors Leadership Award; Libby Seline, journalism, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Journalism and Mass Communications
Elsewhere in the U.S.:
- Cedar Falls, Iowa: Mallorie Sckerl, psychology and English, Outstanding Honors Program Student Advisory Board Member
- Beloit, Kansas: Jared Long, journalism and political science, Outstanding Honors Leadership Award
- Lenexa, Kansas: Gabrielle Boucher, civil engineering, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Engineering
- Wichita, Kansas: Maddie Beck, child, youth, and family studies, Outstanding Honors Afterschool Clubs Coach
- Jackson, Minnesota: Sophie Johnson, nutrition and health sciences, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Education and Human Sciences