Nov. 25, 2013
LINCOLN, Neb. — The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is hosting an Ag Progress Show Dec. 11 at the Atkinson Community Center in Atkinson, Neb.
The show will feature speakers who will present timely, research-based information on a range of crop and beef production systems.
The event is from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Speakers and topics include:
– Tamra Jackson-Ziems, "Fighting Corn Diseases in Bins and Bags."
– Jerry Volesky, "Annual Forages to Complement Grazing Programs."
– Tim Shaver, "Sensors for Variable Rate Nitrogen Management."
– Cody Wright, "Mineral Supplementation for the Cowherd."
– Al Dutcher, "Have We Turned the Corner on our Extended Drought Period?"
– Kate Brooks, "Nebraska Beef Cattle Industry Outlook."
The show will feature commercial exhibits and a complementary lunch will be provided. There will also be a door prize drawing for two tickets to the Nebraska-Florida Atlantic football game on Aug. 30, 2014.
For more information, contact the Holt County Extension Office at 402-336-2760.Amy Timmerman
Holt/Boyd County Extension
Sandi Alswager Karstens
IANR News Service