April 6, 2018
Lincoln, Neb. — The College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln has designated April 14-21 as CASNR Week. The 18th annual event celebrates the successes of all CASNR students, faculty, staff and alumni.
The CASNR Week Program Council, a student organization, has planned several events during the week to showcase and honor the college.
“It’s important to celebrate CASNR because it has brought so many wonderful people into my life and the lives of others,” said Mirissa Scholting, a junior agricultural education major from Louisville who sits on the CASNR Week Program Council. “The college is truly one of a kind and the students, staff and faculty make you feel at home.”
CASNR Week kicks off April 14 with a 5K Fun Run beginning at 9 a.m. on the East Campus Mall. Registration as limited to 300 participants.
A blood drive with the Nebraska Community Blood Bank, a virtual reality exhibit and a community night with elementary schools near East Campus are other events scheduled for the week. CASNR Week will conclude with the 60th annual UNL Rodeo April 20-21 at the Lancaster Event Center.
CASNR Week Schedule:
- 9 a.m., Fun Run, East Campus
- 8:30 p.m., Massengale Movie Night, Massengale Residential Center
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Nebraska Community Blood Bank Blood Drive, East Campus Mall
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., popcorn served by agronomy and horticulture, East Campus Mall
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Husker Food Connection, City Campus
- 12 – 1:30 p.m., education abroad/club advisor luncheon (invite only), Nebraska East Union
- 2 – 4 p.m., virtual reality exhibit, C.Y. Thompson Library
- 4 – 7 p.m., Encounter CASNR Community Night, Hardin Hall Parking Lot
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., lunch on the lawn, Animal Science Commons Area
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., mobile meat and beef labs, Animal Science Commons Area
- 12 – 12:50 p.m., Ron & Marilyn Hanson appreciation luncheon for teaching assistants (invite only), Nebraska East Union
- 2 – 4 p.m., ice cream social, The Dairy Store
- 5 – 8 p.m., Sigma Alpha and Alpha Gamma Rho hog roast, AGR house
- 7 p.m., student involvement multicultural event, Nebraska East Union
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Steve & Jessie Waller CASNR awards luncheon (invite only), Nebraska East Union
- 7 p.m., University of Nebraska Rodeo Association Rodeo, Lancaster Event Center
- 1 & 7 p.m., University of Nebraska Rodeo Association Rodeo, Lancaster Event Center
CASNR Week Program Council Adviser
College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources