Lincoln, Neb. —The Nebraska Extension will host a six-session webinar series entitled “Knowing, Growing and Grazing Grass” a webinar series on October 23, 26, 30, November 2, 6, and 9. The series will be on Monday and Thursday evenings beginning October 3 through November 9 from 7:30 - 8:45 p.m. CT.
Topics will include:
• Identifying key grass species you want more of in your pastures.
• Understanding factors that influence grass growth and vigor in your operation.
• Calculating stocking rates and what the numbers mean for grazing management.
• Develop a grazing plan for your resource base, including drought management decision dates.
• Using the USDA Web Soil Survey to see what grass production could be.
• Understanding Pasture Range and Forage (PRF) insurance as a drought risk management tool.
The cost is $85 per person and includes a copy of Grassland Plants of South Dakota and the Northern Great Plains and a resource notebook with Nebraska Extension NebGuides and Circulars. The course will be limited to 25 participants.
To register, go to https://go.unl.edu/Knowing_Grass. Register by Oct 16 to ensure participants receive webinar resources before the series begins. A computer and internet connection will be needed to participate in the webinar series.
For questions about the webinar series, contact Aaron Berger, Nebraska Extension Educator, at 308-235-3122 or email@example.com.