April 29, 2016
Lincoln, Neb. — Horse owners are invited to the Nebraska Extension Horseman’s Update May 13 on East Campus of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
Horseman’s Update is an opportunity to discuss hot topics in the equine industry with industry professionals. The event will feature topics including health benefits of horseback riding, new online horse courses, horse health updates, pasture for horses, wearable technologies for horses and information on the Trail’s Challenge.
Featured presenters include:
- Dennis Sigler, extension horse specialist, Texas A&M University
- Gary Stauffer, Nebraska Extension educator in Holt County
- Monte Stauffer, Nebraska Extension educator in Douglas-Sarpy Counties
- Bruce Anderson, Nebraska Extension forage specialist
- Lena Cottle, Nebraska Extension equine specialist
- Kathy Anderson, Nebraska Extension horse specialist
The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Room A222 of the Animal Science Complex. Lunch will be provided. Registration fee is $30 per person in advance, or $40 day of the event. Advance registration is due by May 6. To register, visit http://horse.unl.edu.
Opportunities are available to those unable to attend the event in person. Contact local extension offices to learn how to attend by distance or watch the event at home live or at a later date.
For more information on Horseman’s update, contact Nebraska Extension Horse Specialist Kathy Anderson at 402-472-6486 or firstname.lastname@example.org.