Lincoln, Neb. —Faculty and staff from the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln were honored at an awards luncheon on Dec. 8 at the Nebraska East Union.
Awards presented and recipients:
- OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE AWARD: The Outstanding Employee Award recognizes employees who go above and beyond their job responsibilities. Each of the recipients received $750, a certificate and lapel pin.
- Mike Kamm, IANR Media
- Marissa Kemp, IANR Business Centers
- Angie Rushman, Nebraska Extension
- Nathan Thorson, Eastern Nebraska Research, Extension and Education Center
- EXEMPLARY SERVICE AWARD: The Exemplary Service Award recognizes employees who have made significant and sustained contributions to the university during their career.
- Shirley Sato, Center for Biotechnology
- OMTVEDT SERVANT LEADER AWARD: The Omtvedt Servant Leader Award recognizes outstanding managerial/professional and office/service employees. This award is made possible through the generosity of Lee Harlan and her late husband, Neal, in honor of Irv Omtvedt and his distinguished career at the university.
- Ryan Evans, Agricultural Economics
- DINSDALE FAMILY FACULTY AWARD: The Dinsdale Family Faculty Award honors faculty members for outstanding teaching, research and outreach in IANR. It is especially focused on non-tenured faculty who have demonstrated a strong commitment to academic excellence. The award is named for Roy Dinsdale, a 1948 graduate of the University of Nebraska College of Business Administration who works in a family farming and cattle operation.
- Andrea Basche, Agronomy and Horticulture
- THE OMTVEDT INNOVATION AWARD: The Omtvedt Innovation Award recognizes innovative faculty members or a team led by faculty, who have demonstrated exceptional abilities and innovation in the areas of teaching, research, or extension education.
- Research – Lilyan Fulginiti, Agricultural Economics
- Teaching – Brad Lubben, Agricultural Economics
- Extension – David Aiken, Agricultural Economics
- Team – Cultivate ACCESS (Agricultural Career Communities to Empower students in Stem) representing the departments of Agronomy and Horticulture and Biological Systems Engineering and the CASNR Dean’s office
To learn more about IANR faculty and staff awards, visit https://ianr.unl.edu/ianr-awards-and-recognition
Natalie Jones | IANR Communications