Lincoln, Neb. —Distinguished recipients of the Nebraska Extension Annual Awards for 2023 were presented during the Fall Conference at Kearney. The two-day gathering brought together 390 Extension personnel.
The winners, nominated by their colleagues, represent excellence and dedication in various categories. Here are the outstanding individuals and teams who have been recognized:
Excellence in Extension Team Award:
These awards recognize a team that has demonstrated exceptional work in their extension efforts in one of the Extension value areas.
Nit Kit Program Team (Area of Innovation):
- Extension Educators: Kait Chapman, Hayley Jackson, and Jody Green.
Food, Health, and Nutrition PEARS Leadership Team (Area of Research-Based):
- Extension Educators: Donnia Behrends and Kayla Colgrove.
- Extension Specialist: Lisa Franzen-Castle.
Excellence in Extension Innovation Award:
“Escape to 4-H Camp” Team:
- Extension Assistant Kimberly Johnson, Allissa Kreikemeier, Sonya Glup, Amanda Hackenkamp, Tessa Hain and Colleen Pallas.
- Extension Educators: Sheila Hoppe, Emily Soll, and Tanya Crawford, Steve Pritchard.
Individual Excellence Awards:
This accolade goes to individuals who have shown exemplary service.
- Uniquely Local:
- Winner: Extension Assistant Omega Barcenas.
- Winner: Extension Educator Maria Cantu Hines.
- Winner: Irvin Ramirez-Benavides.
Extension Coach of the Year:
This honor is reserved for a coach who has not only been successful in their own programming but has also inspired and mentored others to reach new heights.
- Extension Educator Nathan Mueller.
- Extension Educator Bruno Lena.
Lead Educator of the Year:
This recognition is for an individual who has demonstrated exceptional skills in the role of Lead Educator.
- Winner: Lead Educator Carrie Miller.
Chester I. Walters “Extra Mile” Award:
This prestigious award honors the memory of Chester I. Walters, a former district director in the Panhandle.
- Winner: Information Technology Coordinator Angie Rushman.
“We extend our heartfelt congratulations to all the winners for their outstanding contributions,” said Charles Stoltenow, dean and director of Nebraska Extension. “Each recipient has showcased exceptional dedication, leadership and innovation, embodying the spirit of excellence in Extension work.”