September 1, 2017
Lincoln, Neb. — Goat producers in Nebraska and the surrounding region are encouraged to attend the 4S Goat Expo that is scheduled for Oct. 7 - 8 at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds, 5015 W Rodeo Road, North Platte Nebraska.
The Expo will feature:
- Disease prevention in goat herds – Brian Vander Ley, Nebraska Extension veterinarian, Great Plains Veterinary Education Center
- Managing parasite pedigrees to maximize deworming impacts - Brian Vander Ley, Nebraska Extension veterinarian, Great Plains Veterinary Education
- Marketing goats in Nebraska (important dates) – Bronc & Melissa Nicholson, M & N Boer Goats, Chadron
- Famacha for goats – Randy Saner, Nebraska Extension educator
- Benefits of purchasing quality genetics – Lee Dana, Double D Boer Goats, Clay Center
- Youth goat judging contest (awards will be given to top youth in junior and senior divisions)
- Goat producer panel – Goat producer both new and experienced
- Fitting your goat for show and sale – Lee Dana, Double D Boer Goats, Clay Center
Goat check-in is 3 – 9 p.m. Oct. 6 and before 8 a.m. on Oct. 7. The expo seminar will start at 10 a.m. The Oct. 8 show will start at 8 a.m. with a sale-goat only show followed by a show-goat only show. The sale will start at 1 p.m.
Nebraska Extension in Lincoln-Logan-McPherson Counties